REPORTS TO: Medical Director & CEO
FSLA STATUS: 1.0 FTE; Exempt
WOMEN’S ACCESSIBLE MEDICAL SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT:
Our mission is to provide compassionate evidence-based reproductive healthcare and related educational and consultative services in a respectful environment to all women, regardless of their beliefs or ability to pay, based on the understanding that all people have inherent dignity and worth.
3W MEDICAL FOR WOMEN MISSION:
To respectfully provide compassionate evidence-based sexual health services and education necessary to make informed healthcare decisions.
The Clinic Director will acknowledge in writing their agreement to comply with the organization’s Behavioral Commitments document as well as all other applicable policies.
JOB SUMMARY: The Clinic Director is a licensed medical profession in the state of Washington (either a MD, DO, ARNP or RN) who leads and supervises the clinical and particularly the care of patients. The Clinic Director ensures that care is conducted in accordance with established standards of care and organizational policies and procedures. The Clinic Director works with the Medical Director to develop and write clinical policies and procedures, to monitor compliance and to conduct quality improvement programs. Thus the Clinic Director oversees and participates in patients’ physical, emotional, behavioral and spiritual assessment, treatment or intervention, and case management. The Clinic Director will play an integral role in the supervising, education and training of paid and volunteer staff, including pregnancy related topics and other topics pertinent to the services provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
Definition: “Physician” is used below to represent licensed independent providers, such as MD, DO, and ARNP (Nurse Practitioner).
- Works collaboratively with Medical Director and CEO to promote care of patients according to the organizational mission and values.
- Upholds organizational mission and values and demonstrates them daily to staff and volunteers.
- Contributes to an environment for staff, patients and guests.
- Must refer to President and CEO for all media and press release requests.
- Manages and oversees AAAHC compliance and conducts regular surveys of clinic operations.
- Attends annual AAAHC conference
- Acts as Infection Control Officer
- Acts as Safety Officer
- Will contribute to the 3W Medical blog as well as contribute and promote 3W patient app
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Programs
- Oversee Quality Improvement Committee, QI Study and benchmarking
- Partners with the Director of Operations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and AAAHC regulations pertaining to clinical aspects of providing health care. Develops reports as required.
- Along with Medical Director ensures compliance with accepted standards of care and professional guidelines such as those published by ACOG, AWHONN, CDC and other appropriate organizations.
- Attends appropriate continuing education and educates self on aspects of women’s health care appropriate to the services provided by the clinic.
- Accesses and recommends patient education materials or assists in their development as needed.
- Oversee Office Manager to manage patient flow within the clinic.
- Follows and monitors compliance with policies and procedures for reports of ultrasounds, laboratory tests, and other medical tests performed either internally or referred externally.
- Supervises all medical personnel including providers, nurses, medical assistants and volunteers.
- Provides medical education and training to staff and volunteers
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability.
- Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Medical Director and CEO
- Must have 1:1 meeting with CEO when scheduled.
- Must schedule regular 1:1 meetings with medical team members.
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative department and attend promotional events when needed.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO and Advancement Department on patient stories and patient experiences.
- Must give WAMS and 3W Medical for Women permission to video and take pictures of employee for all promotional materials and where it is appropriate for use of employee images.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Licensure:
- Active, unrestricted Washington State Registered medical professional license
- BLS certification (may be accomplished after hire)
- AWHONN certification in limited obstetrical ultrasound or comparable certification (may be accomplished after hire)