REPORTS TO: CEO
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-time
WOMEN’S ACCESSIBLE MEDICAL SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT:
Our mission is to provide compassionate evidence-based reproductive healthcare and related educational and consultative services in a respectful environment to all women, regardless of their beliefs or ability to pay, based on the understanding that all people have inherent dignity and worth.
3W MEDICAL FOR WOMEN MISSION:
To respectfully provide compassionate evidence-based sexual health services and education necessary to make informed healthcare decisions.
The Office Receptionist will acknowledge in writing their agreement to comply with the organization’s Behavioral Commitment document as well as all other applicable policies.
JOB SUMMARY: Organize, monitor and implement the administrative operations of 3W Medical for Women. Works closely with the Medical Director, CEO, Office Manager, and all other staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assists in clinic’s opening and closure procedures.
- Assist in the morning walk-through of the clinic to ensure it is ready for opening.
- Meet and greet visitors and patients as soon as they arrive at the clinic.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Make sure that patients properly fill out intake forms and are prepared to see a medical provider.
- Schedule patient’s appointment and make sure it is communicated to the medical team.
- Communicate in collaboration with Office Manager with patients regarding inquiries and complaints.
- Answer the clinic phones and assure that the caller’s needs are meet.
- Manage and update the clinic’s calendar which includes all departments.
- Ensure office inventory is stocked and replenish and inform Office Manager to order additional supplies when needed. Order medical supplies as requested by a medical provider(s).
- Make sure the clinic is clean, and space is organized etc.
- Assist with events including, banquets, dinners, fundraising events, and other promotional/marketing events as requested by the CEO.
- Must attend staff meetings and if asked, attend board meetings.
- Additional duties as requested by the CEO or Office Manager.
- Must give WAMS and 3W Medical for Women permission to video and take pictures of an employee for all promotional materials and where it is appropriate for use of employee images.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years with a Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent experience in Office Administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks